Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Canada and the United States. We are a team of 15,000 dedicated employees, with business units in:
- Forestry & Forest Products
- Shipbuilding & Industrial Marine
- Industrial Equipment, Construction Services & Building Materials
- Consumer Products
Since our inception over 130 years ago, our employees continue to build JDI into a diverse group of performance-driven enterprises. It is through our dedicated team and using the best practices, to make the best products that enable us to serve our customers - at home and around the globe.
Our growth is driven by a set of consistent fundamental values through the years:
- Uncompromising quality in making our products and committed service to our valued customers;
- An unwavering focus on continuous improvement and innovation in our diverse businesses;
- And a responsibility to make a positive difference in our communities, where we are proud to live and work, as well as to the health of the land, air and water that sustains our world.
We started in 1882 with a sawmill in the small rural coastal community of Bouctouche, New Brunswick. [more...]