CA Training Program
At J.D. Irving, Limited we provide unlimited career opportunities in a team based collaborative environment, and help you achieve your professional goals through ongoing development opportunities. We are focused on continuous improvement, and use leading edge technology. We offer a wide range of health and wellness programs to our employees and their families, and are proud supporters of our communities. Join Us to Build Your Career!
Chartered Accountant Training Office
As a CA Training Program employee with J.D. Irving, Limited you will learn about our diverse operations and gain the required competencies to become a Chartered Accountant. As a successful candidate, your work with J.D. Irving, Limited will begin in June of 2012. We have CA Training Program students at our head office locations in Saint John and Moncton, New Brunswick.
Work modules with J.D. Irving, Limited will be in the following areas and the associated time frames will be discussed with those candidates granted an interview:
• Internal Audit
• Small to Medium Company Accounting & Reporting
• Operational / Cost Accounting
• Finance / Governance
• Process Improvement
• Corporate Planning
• Information Technology
Each CA Training Program employee with J.D. Irving, Limited will be assigned a Mentor and will participate in regular and ongoing performance reviews and discussions to ensure the necessary competencies are being gained to meet the required criteria as set out by the CA Institute.
As the successful candidate you meet the following criteria:
• Must be in good academic standing
• Focused and determined to succeed to attain the Chartered Accountant Designation
• Strong desire to work in private industry and gain business knowledge in many operational areas
• Excellent problem solver and process oriented
• Able to work well independently and also function well as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills and detail oriented
• A desire to excel in every task undertaken
• Can clearly demonstrate commitment to success through past educational, work and volunteer work achievements
We are proud of our 100% Uniform Final Exam pass rate and to be one of the first CA Training Programs in industry!
J.D. Irving, Limited offers a very competitive starting salary and benefits program.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity with a company that can offer many diverse career paths to you, please submit your resume, cover letter and transcript at your earliest convenience and no later than September 14, 2011 at www.jdirving.com/careers
Applicants will be reviewed upon receipt and those candidates selected for an interview with our company representatives will be contacted to begin the selection process and will be interviewed no later than the end of September, 2011.
For general inquiries please email CA_Training@jdirving.com.