January 25, 2018
Over the next three years, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) is forecasting over 10,400 hires across the company's diverse operations in Canada and the U.S.
84% of the jobs are in Atlantic Canada.
“When we look at our three-year forecast from 2018-2020, 84% of the jobs we need to fill are in the Atlantic provinces,” said Jeff Green, Director, Recruitment with JDI. “69% of the jobs are in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia alone.”
Across the organization, the areas with the highest number of job opportunities include Operations, Shipping, Supply & Logistics, Retail Sales, and Finance.
The three-year forecast is a result of anticipated retirements, business growth, and normal workforce turnover. An anticipated 2,558 students are also included in the 2018-2020 hiring forecast total.
Over the next three years, JDI forecasts hiring over 600 skilled trades roles across all divisions. 83% of these skilled trades jobs are in Atlantic Canada. The remaining 17% are in Canada (Ontario and Alberta) and the United States (Maine, North Dakota, New York and Georgia).
You have potential. We have opportunity.
As we recruit the workforce of the future, we are also working with great partners - local universities and community colleges. We are reaching out with co-op programs, case competitions, scholarships, and career fairs. Are you a new grad looking to start your career? Visit http://students.jdirving.com/recent-graduates/ to learn how you can grow with JDI.
To stay connected with us and learn more about these amazing job opportunities, follow us on social:
Vice President, Communications
J.D. Irving, Limited