Return to Newsroom

Universal Truck and Trailer Recruiting Licensed Truck and Trailer Technicians


Universal Truck and Trailer is currently seeking licensed truck and trailer technicians for locations in Saint John and Dieppe, New Brunswick. 


 UTT Hiring
 Jacques Veilleux is a Truck Technician at Universal Truck and Trailer in Dieppe, New Brunswick. He studied at NBCC and completed a three-week work placement at Universal Truck and Trailer before being hired on full-time. 


"I wouldn’t trade this career for anything,” said Jacques Veilleux, Technician at Universal Truck and Trailer. “This company is understanding and knows when we first start in our trade that we are still in the learning process. They give us every opportunity to better ourselves. We have a lot of professional people to learn from and they are happy to teach the newcomers.”
Skilled Trades Demand at JDI

In the next three years, J.D. Irving, Limited forecasts hiring for over 860 skilled trades jobs across our Canadian and US operations. 88% of these skilled trades jobs are in Atlantic Canada. The remaining 12% are in Canada (Ontario, British Columbia, and Alberta) and the United States (Maine, North Dakota, and New York).  

We partner with groups to help the next generation discover careers in trades. Our partnerships include: SuperNova summer camps, New Brunswick Teen Apprenticeship program, and our 2016 premier sponsorship of Skills Canada’s National Skilled Trades Competition.  

Learn more about Universal Truck and Trailer.

Apply Online, sign up for Job Alerts and stay connected to news and job opportunities on our social channels: