Our promise to research, protect and continuously improve
At J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) we are continually exploring innovative new ways to reduce our impact on the environment, promote the sustainable use of natural resources, and improve our environmental performance. We strive to produce the highest quality products and services in an environmentally sustainable and socially responsible manner.
JDI is committed to:
- Complying with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Identifying and understanding our environmental impacts on the air, water, soil, forest ecosystems and local communities.
- Reducing our overall impact on climate by growing our healthy forest and reducing the greenhouse gas emissions intensity associated with our operations.
- Investing in research to determine new and better ways to manage our business, to address ecological concerns and to improve the use of resources.
- Engaging and educating our employees and contractors, building the skills of our team with respect to environmental concerns, responsibilities, and our own policies, encouraging them to become environmental advocates.
- Initiating and partnering with external stakeholders in efforts to raise public awareness.
- Ongoing accountability through reporting of our environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance and with third party verification, where applicable.
- Continuously improving as it relates to all of the above, including environmental performance and management systems.