Fulfilling our long-term vision to sustain healthy forests
At J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) our role as stewards of the land is one of the most important we play. Our business begins with the forest.
Irving Woodlands is JDI’s division dedicated to overseeing sustainable forest management, research and conservation and land holdings
Focused on rigorous land management and responsible stewardship, Irving Woodlands is guided by a 80-year management plan that preserves the environmental and ecological integrity of our land, air, water and wildlife.
We are committed to applying disciplined science, advanced technology, and best practices while assuring accountability through independent audits and environmental certification. All operations are regularly and independently audited according to ISO 14001 environmental standards and certified under the Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI) program. In Maine, our woodlands are also certified under the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC® C041515) program.
Our multi-faceted team at Irving Woodlands is involved in all aspects of forestry, including:
- Nurseries and seed production
- Tree planting and stand tending
- Planning, modeling, growth and yield monitoring
- Road construction and maintenance
- Harvesting and transportation
- Wood procurement and sales
- Fish, wildlife, recreational and environmental management
- Forest fire and other forest protection activities
- Research, development and continuous improvement
Irving Woodlands has over 1,500 employees and contractors, dedicated to research and conservation, and continuously improving our sustainable forest management plan. Career opportunities include:
- Tree planters
J.D. Irving, Limited
300 Union Street
Saint John, NB
To report a forest fire on lands we own or manage:
(506) 632-7777 (24 hours)
Maine (Fort Kent)